SteriPEN will destroy viruses, bacteria, & microbes that might be in the rainwater, but it will not destroy things like radioactivity, metals, and toxic chemicals. So there is no black and white answer here. It depends on the purity of the rainwater.
Articles in this section
- Can I take my SteriPEN through airport security?
- Can I use the SteriPEN to purify more than one liter of water?
- How far should I immerse the SteriPEN ino the water I'm treating?
- Can I use the SteriPEN to "disinfect" surfaces?
- What can I do if the water is not clear or has particulates in it?
- Can I use my SteriPEN in water with ice?
- Can I use the SteriPEN on anything other than water? Tea? Coffee?
- What is the shelf-life of the SteriPEN?
- Could the steriPEN make rainwater drinkable?
- Treating a partially filled bottle