When the lamp is below 50°F/10°C, the 0.5 liter dose duration is lengthened by 10 seconds. This is to compensate for the slower “warm-up” portion of the dose. This lengthening of the dose only happens in the 0.5 liter dose since the “warm-up” phase represents a larger percentage of the total dose than it does in the 1.0 liter 90-second dose.
Articles in this section
- Can I take my SteriPEN through airport security?
- Can I use the SteriPEN to purify more than one liter of water?
- How far should I immerse the SteriPEN ino the water I'm treating?
- Can I use the SteriPEN to "disinfect" surfaces?
- What can I do if the water is not clear or has particulates in it?
- Can I use my SteriPEN in water with ice?
- Can I use the SteriPEN on anything other than water? Tea? Coffee?
- What is the shelf-life of the SteriPEN?
- Could the steriPEN make rainwater drinkable?
- Treating a partially filled bottle